Friday, June 29, 2007

Doodles and Blueberries

I wish I put the same amount of thought and reflection into my my toughest life decisions, as my 5 year old puts into her snack choices. The scenario went a little something like this..."Mama can I have some blueberries?"(my 5 year old)
"Sure, honey." I say.
"But mama I don't like blueberries, can I have some doodles?"(my 3 year old)
"Yes, I will get you doodles." I reply.
I then say to my 5 year old, "Are you sure you don't want doodles, because I am getting them for your brother?"
With a very witty and coy face, my five year old says, "Can't I have both?" "Nope."
"Okay, then I'll have blueberries, not doodles." She responds.
I cautiously proceed to the kitchen to retrieve two bowls, one with blueberries, one with doodles. I carefully measure out the snacks, being sure to divvy them out evenly to avoid any kind of dispute. I hand the bowls to my three year old son and five year old daughter. Just as I think I am out of the woods, my daughter turns to me and says, "Mama...I think I want doodles."
"Yes, I know you do," I reply.

Save a Life

Google