Sunday, July 01, 2007

Spring for the King


What does that mean? Is it a new blockbuster hit? Or maybe a political campaign for the latest candidate? Nope, neither. It's the new
marketing campaign I came up with, for King size mattresses. I wish I would've came up with it say, 5 years ago, when we went shopping for a mattress. My husband and I, such rookies. Our naivete went like this, "we don't need a King, let's get a Queen, that way we'll snuggle more." If only we had the foresight to imagine us "snuggling" with our future three children in our queen size bed. Should have sprung for the King.

It's bad enough that our bedroom is the smallest in our cape, about 6x6. It's so small that we don't even have to walk into our room to get into bed, we just superman leap from the hallway right onto our bed. But we convince ourselves we like the "cozy" feel.

The real problem is the sleeping arrangements. I know what your thinking, she has one of those "family beds." And to that I would say, not true. I wholeheartedly bought my bed, not for my family of five, but rather for two, my husband and I. It's the truth. I have no trouble drifting off to asleep alone in my bed, knowing my kids are safe and asleep in their own beds. From the hours of 2 a.m. and 5 a.m. something strange happens. I think my 3 year old and 5 year old wake up, congregate at the top of the staircase, and plan their descent into my bedroom. I don't see anything, and I don't hear anything. It's like they're top secret agent spies or something. Because when I wake up, I have my daughter's foot in my face, and my son lying across the top of my pillow like a cat. Yeah, should have sprung for the King.

Save a Life

Google