Thursday, September 13, 2007

Serenity NOW

Seinfeld

Get this Seinpost

You remember the Seinfeld episode don't you? George's Dad was trying to manage his frustration, and destress himself, and so he decided to repeat, "Serenity Now" every time he felt his blood pressure rising. I, in turn, have decided to also use this method of decompressing while at home with my three little wonders. I've found this to be effective, especially in dealing with my 20 month olds, massive daily destruction. If your morning jog route happens to be by my home, you may hear me screaming, "Serenity Now", on occasion.

In addition to this method, I have also taken it upon myself to write a little prayer, to be sent up to the good Lord, on those real hairy days. This prayer may sound a bit familiar...feel free to use it also, as needed.

Mama's Serenity Prayer
God grant me the serenity
to accept that no matter what I clean,
my baby will minutes later, destroy it.
Give me courage to pry cleaning chemicals,
hand lotions, and precious valuables from his chubby little fists.
Give me wisdom in outsmarting him, and hiding these things high enough
that he may never be able to reach them again.
Amen.

Save a Life

Google