Saturday, September 01, 2007

Sincerely Sunday

A Good Mourning

I recently experienced a loss, one that I didn't see coming, yet always feared. It was a shock to my system, and beliefs, but only for a short while. I am here not to dwell on the pain of loss, but to tell you about an awesome restoration. Somehow, someway, God has turned a day that ranked as the worst in my life, into a day that has begun to change and replenish my life.

Through bible study and prayer in a time where I didn't want to pray or even look at my bible, He has completely opened my eyes to His plan and has graciously and miraculously allowed me to not only accept His will, but understand it as well. For that I am truly grateful, as it is one thing to accept something you can't change, but to see the perspective behind it, that is a great peace giver.

Before this happened, I was in a very slothful way with my everyday life, and most importantly with God. I was fine with "just doing enough," and honestly would've probably continued in that pattern, if not for this loss to catch my attention. Though I don't believe God allows suffering and pain only to get our attention, I do believe he can turn a completely traumatic and devastating event, into one that pushes you forward, and towards Him. And I believe and understand my loss as that. Our relationship with God is not meant to be on the "do just enough to get by" list. He won't stand for it.

God opened my eyes to the vulnerability we as humans have, especially when we make Him less than a priority in our life. An event that I would've once thought would crush my spirit, has actually lifted my spirit, and pointed me to Him. Does this revelation take away the pain I felt that day? Nope. I still felt it, deeper than anything I've ever felt. But He knows that. He was there. God doesn't claim to erase the pain you feel, He just promises to restore your joy.

Save a Life

Google